Become a Member of WTCNI
Thank you for your interest in the Welsh Terrier Club of Northern Illinois (WTCNI) —- We are a not-for-profit AKC member organization dedicated to the Welsh Terrier. Our members are enthusiastic about everything Welsh Terrier!
We are committed to:
- Preserving and protecting Welsh Terrier breed type and function
- Advocating for the Welsh Terrier as an important member of the community of purebred dogs and as a family companion
- Learning about and participating in conformation and performance events
- Keeping up to date on advances in canine health and well-being, particularly as it relates to the Welsh Terrier.
- Having fun with our Welsh Terriers.
- Helping to assure that their people understand the Welsh Terrier’s breed characteristics and their unique joie to vivre!
If you share in our enthusiasm, please consider applying for membership.
Membership Committee Chairperson
Benefits of Membership
Comradery with other Welsh Terrier enthusiasts
- Meet up at various events, even if your dog does not participate
- Work on programs to promote the Welsh Terrier
- Share your successes, questions, and comments about Welsh Terriers on our website and private Facebook page
- Meet new people who are passionate about Welsh Terriers
- Volunteer your skills and knowledge to promote and protect the Welsh Terrier
- Get support for problems and concerns about your Welsh Terrier
Learn about Welsh Terrier breed type and function and why it is important to preserve them
Find a mentor from among the many long-time Welsh Terrier enthusiasts within our membership
Access to members only information on the website, including live, zoom, and recorded educational programs
Do fun things with your dog
- Welsh Terrier Fun Days
- Performance Events, such as FastCat, Earthdog, Barn Hunt, and others
- Conformation events
Types of Memberships
All members must be in good standing with the AKC and demonstrate good sportsmanship. New membership requests may be approved by the WTCNI Board of Directors after the request is presented to the general membership for comment. New members may apply for membership in one of the following categories.
Regular Membership is for those who are members in good standing of the Welsh Terrier Club of America or have been an active Associate Member of WTCNI for at least 2 years. An active Associate Member attends at least 50% of general meetings over 12 months OR actively participates on at least 1 committee. Regular Members may serve on and chair committees, are eligible to vote and may hold office.
Associate Membership is for any individual who does not qualify for other membership categories. Most individuals new to the sport of purebred dogs, new owners of Welsh Terriers, and individuals who do not chose to be active members select this type of membership. Associate Members may serve on committees but are not eligible to vote and may not hold office.
Household Membership is for two (2) or more adults residing in the same household and who qualify for either Regular or Associate Membership. If Regular Members, they may serve on and chair committees, are eligible to vote and may hold office. If Associate Members, they may serve on committees but are not eligible to vote and may not hold office.
Junior Membership is for individuals under 18 years of age. Junior members may serve on committees but are not eligible to vote and may not hold office.
Individual membership dues are $25 annually. Household membership dues are $35 annually. Junior Members do not pay dues. Dues may be changed at the discretion of the WTCNI Board of Directors as needed for proper club operation.
Complete our membership application today! Our Membership Chair will keep you posted on the status of your application. Please note, new members do not pay dues until their membership application has been accepted! Questions? Contact our Membership Chair!